Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dish TV, get your act together

I have ranted about Dish TV in the past, and they have improved their customer interface somewhat, but it's still nowhere near good enough.

They recently took to airing Star channels, but the channels are off the air now. Regular subscribers have been promised that they can get Star channels for free till December if they renew their subscription pronto. Having gotten used to seeing Seinfeld and Cheers again, I went to their web site to renew my subscription.

Long story short:
  1. The site's usability still rates -19 on a scale of 1 to 10.

  2. There is no option for renewing your subscription if the subscription is not due already. If you want, you can 'update' your package (but I don't want to do that; didn't you guys tell me I can get the Star channels without an update or upgrade till December?)

  3. Alright, let me bite the bullet and try an update: but I don't see the Star channels (Star Movies, Star World) anywhere in the listed packages. Methinks the web site is lagging behind the rest of Dish TV's marketing campaign.

  4. The way the online display of your transactions is designed leads me to this age-old question: what prompts otherwise normal human beings to commit such unspeakable acts of cruelty on their fellow men?
This list is by no means complete, BTW. I could go on and on, but let them figure out at least some things on their own.