Season 7 of Game of Thrones is the worst season so far, even compared to Season 6 (notwithstanding the fact that it was redeemed by Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter).
While finally seeing dragons in battle against the Lannisters and the undead was well worth the wait, the number of WTF things was too many (in no particular order):
- Cersei suddenly developing some serious strategic chops (Tycho Nestoris' fawning compliments about how she compares to her father rubbing salt in our wounds)
- Euron Greyjoy's magic teleporting armada (I know he's quickly become a fan favourite this season, but the guy's a real joker)
- I really hope Arya is playing the long con, otherwise her character has basically gone to shit this season
- Jaime plunging to the bottom of the Blackwater Rush with the armour weighing him down, only to blithely climb out of the river out of sight of any Dothraki that are sure to be looking for Lannisters to finish off
- Assembling an improbable all-star crew to go on a wight hunt beyond the wall so that they can convince Cersei about the nature of the threat facing mankind. Yeah, I can almost picture her disdain as she sips her wine when she hears the news.
- Dany's rescue of the Magnificent Seven (r/gameofthrones/ has some really nice time/distance computations involving the speeds of carrier pigeons and dragons that attempt to rationalize the physics of it. Some people have way too much time on their hands)
- "Thought you might still be rowing". Cute, but too cute.
- Tyrion has basically become a piece of luggage (for the last two seasons, actually)
- Evidence for R+L = L being found serendipitously in The Citadel
- Who knew greyscale could be cured so easily by the generous application of Unguents #143 and #765? Let me take a guess, one of them is aloe vera?