Friday, March 11, 2005

Having grown tired of posting to my blog using Blogger's web interface, I googled for a Blogger client for Linux and decided upon BloGTK. After resolving some dependencies involving Python and GTK (YaST keeps proving to me how indispensable it is), I managed to get it up and running.

BloGTK is OK, but the spellcheck seems to be broken; it blithely announced that there are no misspelled words even when I deliberately introduced spelling errors (to be fair, this might have be addressed in 1.1; I could only install and run 1.0).

I have wondered for long how I can create titles for my posts or classify them into categories; now I know how: there are text boxes in BloGTK for doing this. The only problem is that these text boxes are disabled. Looks like I will have to get a premium account with Blogger for this.