Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014

GoDaddy doesn't have much of a reputation in their place of origin, and they're not doing anything to remedy this in India. Nothing says 'Pimp!' better than using a gaudily-dressed Mithun "Dude, where's my neck?" Chakraborty and an entourage of scantily-clad women for selling their wares here.

Staying on the subject of TV ads, I think the phrase you're looking for is "Botox Barbie".

I think it's time to invent a new acronym, unwieldy as it may be, IKIGTHFT: I Know I'm Going To Hell For This, considering the amount of snark I've been using recently.

***
Dileep Premachandran's excellent article on Chelsea's recent win over Liverpool. Master tactician my ass, indeed. To me Mourinho will always be a crass boor with a perennial chip on his shoulder. I did applaud the second goal (a little schadenfreude now and then never hurt anybody), but I'm of two minds as to whether I want City or Liverpool to win the Premiership. No two ways about how I would feel if Chelsea sneaked in.