Tuesday, May 03, 2011

May 3, 2011

Two comments from RI that sum up the Osama Bin Laden kill:
So Public Enemy 1, on the run for 10 years, allegedly responsible for the most heinous crime on american soil, is whacked last night/early hours of the morning, DNA test taken, then dumped off a boat the same day, before I woke up. Are you f*cking kidding me?
and
I'd like to throw out this scenario:

Let's just say that both US and Pakistani intelligence have known of Osama's whereabouts for a long time.

And for SOME reason they have thought it in the best interest not to act on this information.

And this man Osama has been very ill for a long time.

One day Osama suddenly passes away.

What would the US do?

To announce the passing by natural causes of Osama?? (this would be an unsatisfactory conclusion to the US public, I'm sure)

Stage an operation and claim that he was killed in said operation?

Dispose of his body to prevent a cause of death from being established?

Pure conjecture, I know.
Natty Narwhal is the suckiest Ubuntu ever. Not just because of the new interface, but from a general stability perspective. Two days' worth of freezes and I'm back to 10.04 (for good, probably; now I know why they have LTS).

Is it just me, or does anybody else get the feeling that the IPL team owners sitting in their special thrones watching the match is the epitome of the rich/poor, elite/plebe divide and all that's wrong with our country?