- Quite a few of the umpiring decisions have been abysmal. Is it because they couldn't get the good ones to travel to South Africa at short notice?
- Where did they get the cheerleaders from? Hookers 'R Us?
- The commentators, as usual, outdo each other with their cliches and insincere attempts at drumming up the excitement (see #5 and #6).
- You have great ads like the Vodafone zoozoos that cost next to nothing, and then you have Airtel's contrived romantic crap featuring jaded, overpaid stars.
- A team needing less than ten runs in the last over with four or more wickets in hand does *not* constitute a thrilling finish in T20 cricket, contrary to what Ravi Shastri or Harsha Bogle says.
- It's not a DLF Maximum, it's a fricken sixer, dumbasses.
- It's been more fun reading the Fake IPL Player's blog than watching most of the matches.
- Speaking of the KKR, I haven't experienced this much schadenfreude in a long while (evil grin).
- Trivia: The father and son in the ad where the mother berates the father for being irresponsible are father and son in real life too. I think.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009