- No way to customize the panel - can't change the size, transparency, auto-hide, etc.
- No way to change the menu to, say, the classic view.
- Speaking of the classic view, changing the icons does not change anything.
- Limited options to configure the clock. It's now on a par with the %$^# Gnome clock (one of the reasons I switched from Ubuntu)
- Cannot manipulate the contents of the system tray.
- Cannot move the icons around in the panel.
- Where do I specify shortcuts for the menu items?
- The options for keyboard shortcuts is a subset of what I used to see in 3.5.
- Where is the option to hibernate?
- On the whole, it's just a Vista wannabe - widgets and all.
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Reasons I don't like KDE 4.0: