Sunday, August 13, 2006

How refreshingly different would it be if

... an actor/singer, instead of saying:
<insert name of film/album here> is very different from my earlier work
says something like this:
It's the same old crap. What? You expect me to come up with something new and magical everytime? Do you really think I'm a creative genius or that my producer would allow me to wander away from the tried-and-tested path? Why should I even try when I know there are hordes of die-hard fans (read sheep) who have left their senses way behind and continue to watch/listen to my stuff out of sheer sentimentality? Oh wait, come to think of it, this is different; this is my 37th movie/album, while the previous one was, let me think ... yeah, my previous one was my 36th.
This rant was the result of watching yet another performer lamely trying to promote his latest PoS on TV.