Sunday, May 28, 2006

Last.fm

I signed up with Last.fm a couple of months ago, but started using their player only since last Friday. I don't want to take the name of Web 2.0 in vain, but last.fm really seems to fit the mould. Compared to the top-down classification of radio stations (a la Worldspace), the concept of tagging music, and much more importantly, letting you listen to music of a particular tag or related tags is really great.

Oh, and getting a (thoroughly undeserved) free subscription for a month as a deal-sweetener for putting up with some glitches doesn't hurt either; I get to enjoy two more stations: one for my personal music (i.e. the ones that I have submitted) and another for my loved tracks.

There are still some glitches; I keep getting "There is not enough content left to play this station" errors for no reason, but temporarily switching to another user name takes care of this.