Friday, December 02, 2005

Firefox 1.5

...has been released. I am sticking to 1.0.7, however. Reasons:
  1. Applets don't display (both JDK 1.4 and 1.5 plugins; could be a problem with my setup)

  2. The Greasemonkey and DictionarySearch extensions are not compatible with 1.5

  3. Neither is the Mozilla Modern theme (though, thankfully, Qute seems to have become the default theme)
On a general note, I didn't see that much of a difference between 1.0.7 and 1.5. Seems to me like they have hit a plateau in terms of differentiators, what with the farming out of most of the interesting functionality to the extension writers.

P.S. I wanted to write something about the Catholic Church doing away with the concept of limbo (the spiritual equivalent of the location of Schroedinger's cat, you might say), but I couldn't really figure out what that something was. Never mind.