Sunday, July 31, 2005

How are they going to spin this one?

How are the astrology folks going to incorporate the discovery of the tenth planet into their calculations and predictions? Here is one attempt. I especially like this part:
Recent studies on astrology say that Neptune and Uranus can influence a person and develop his brain in the field of computers and information technology.
A fine example of after-the-fact dovetailing of the available information with theory (unless, of course, they already knew about computers thousands of years ago). BTW, how come these guys didn't predict the discovery of the tenth planet itself?

I would relate my experiences with naadi josiyam, but I'll reserve it for another day; the shame and embarrassment of subjecting myself to that brand of quackery is still too painfully vivid in my mind.