- Click on the 'Export' link in your bookmarks page and click on the 'Export' button in the next one.
- After observing that your browser bookmarks remain unchanged, turn your attention to the browser window.
- You will notice that a new HTML page has been built, which sort of mimics your bookmarks page.
- Save this page to your hard disk.
- Add a bookmark in your browser to this saved page.
- Now you are all set to tackle the next Mybookmarks.com outage.
Thursday, March 17, 2005
How to survive the next Mybookmarks.com outage
I discovered that Mybookmarks.com allows you to export your bookmarks to your browser, but this works only in Windows. However, instead of adding the bookmarks to the browser, here is a better way (actually, I am making a virtue out of a necessity, since this is the only workaround if you are not using Windows):